HOW TO REACH CONGRESS VENUE / HOTEL?
From the direction of Zagreb: take the A4 motorway in the direction Goriičan, get off at the Varazdin exit. At the first roundabout, turn right towards Varazdin, at the second roundabout drive straight ahead and at the third roundabout turn left and follow the signs to Pušćine – G. Hrašćan – Macinec – Gornji Mihaljevec – Vugrišinec – Železna Gora- Sveti Martin.
From the direction of Maribor / Graz: get off the motorway at the Lendava exit and drive in the direction of Mursko Sredisce (border crossing). In Mursko Sredisce immediately after the border crossing, turn right in the direction of Sveti Martin na Muri. After passing through the town of Sveti Martin na Muri, turn left towards Sveti Martin.
If you need help in finding your way to the Resort, please feel free to contact our reception desk on 00385 (0) 40 371 111.
HOW TO REACH CONGRESS VENUE BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
Information about bus departures/arrivals from Zagreb to Cakovec http://voznired.akz.hr
Information about bus departures/arrivals from Cakovec to Sveti Martin na Muri http://jakopic-travel.hr/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Toplice-Sv.-Martin-3-2015.pdf
* Upon arrival on Cakovec bus station please state that your last stop is Toplice Sveti Martin and not Sveti Martin na Muri city centre
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT CROATIA
GMT + one hour (London 12:00, Zagreb 13:00)
Tap water is safe for drinking.
Currency and exchange rate:
Kuna (100 lipa); 1 EUR is approximately 7,7 Croatian kuna (HRK)
ATMs are available throughout Croatia. They will accept different bank cards, credit cards (Diners Club, Eurocard/MasterCard, Visa, American Express etc.) and debit cards (Cirrus, Maestro, Visa electron etc.).
The capital of the Republic of Croatia iz Zagreb.
Distance from Zagreb to Sv. Martin on Mura is 120 km
For transfer from Zagreb airport or any other place to the congress venue or Sv. Martin on Mura: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Eat and drink
- “Turoš” cheese with red paprika; cone-shaped and dried
- Orehnjača; rolled cake filled with walnut cream
- Međimurska or Prekmurska gibanica; Međimurje County layer cake with apple, poppyseed, walnut and cottage cheese fillings
- Cheese with cream; often spiced with red paprika
- Mlinci (special pasta) with turkey
- White and black sausages, known as čurke; served with sour cabbage
- Meso z tiblice; dried meat which is stored in a small, wooden barrel called tiblica
- Pasta filled with cheese called štrukli; cooked or baked
- Rakija; type of brandy which can be made of plum (šljivovica), grapes (loza) or other types of fruit and aromatic herbs
- Pelinkovac; bitter herbal liquor
- Various beer and wine sorts
Useful expression in Croatian
|Good morning||Dobro jutro|
|Good day||Dobar dan|
|Good evening||Dobra večer|
|Good night||Laku noć|
|You are welcome||Nema na čemu|
|My name is…||Zovem se…|
|What is your name?||Vaše ime?|
|Pleased to meet you.||Drago mi je.|
|Do you speak English?||Govorite li engleski?|
|I do not speak Croatian.||Ne govorim hrvatski.|
|I understand./I do not understand.||Razumijem. / Ne razumijem.|
|Where is the…?||Gdje je…?|
|bureau de change||mjenjačnica|
|tourist office||turistički ured|